The SIJ Group is the largest Slovenian vertically integrated metallurgical group and one of the largest producers of stainless and special steels in Europe.
With more than 3,400 employees, we are one of the largest employers in Slovenia and a key member of the country’s steelworks sector.
SIJ – Slovenian Steel Group consists of five divisions:
- the Steel Division, (two of the largest Slovenian steelwork companies, Acroni and Metal Ravne),
- the Manufacturing Division, (the Ravne Knives, Elektrode, SUZ and Serpa companies),
- the Distribution and Processing Division (Slovenian, EU and USA markets),
- the Scrap Division, (Slovenia and the former Yugoslav republics) and
- and Headquarter and Other Services.
The key production programs include steel products with a high added value, such as stainless sheet steels, tool steels in the form of rolled and forged products, special quarto steels and alloyed tool steels, making the SIJ Group a market leader in European and global niche markets. The SIJ Group upgrades steel semi-products, improving them to manufacture final products with high added value, such as machine building, cylinders, welding materials and industrial knives – the Group is one of the 10 largest producers of industrial knives in the world. The SIJ Group ranks highly among the leading Slovenian exporters, selling products valued at more than €570 million on foreign markets, which accounts for more than 85% of the Group´s total revenues.
"SIJ Group is present in the growing niche steel markets with high added value."
- Press Releases of SIJ Group
We regularly inform the interested public about the operations and events SIJ Group and its companies.
- Visit us at fairs!
Between May, 30 and June, 3, SIJ's subsidiary company Ravne Systems will exhibit at the IFAT, world’s leading trade fair for water, sewage, waste and raw materials management in Europe.
- Promo video
Promo video of SIJ – Slovenian Steel Industry